Faith During War

I taught at Pine Valley Central for ten years from 1990-2000. During that time I had the privilege of teaching 1000+ fantastic students, most of whom now have families of their own. As is always the case, different students connect with different teachers. It is a distinct pleasure for me when I hear from one of those students.

I’m hoping you’ll take the time to check out Here we go again, a blog by Jason Reynolds. Jason is a PVCS graduate who I was particularly fond of who happened to marry Geri Maynard, another PVCS grad who I thought was pretty terrific. They’re living in Colorado with three kids of their own now. Jason is currently stationed in Afghanistan for the US Army and he blogs about his experiences and his faith.

I am intrigued by his blog for many reasons but most of all because I remember the boy who he was at Pine Valley. To have the opportunity to see into his thinking and his faith through his blog posts from the war zone is remarkable and inspiring to me. Thought you might enjoy reading him too. He’s a Pine Valley boy, but in more ways than one the only difference between a Pine Valley boy and a Randolph boy is purple or red. I hope you’ll consider leaving him a comment too as the contact will probably be much appreciated.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.