Day 8 – Cannes, France

The Leaning Tower of Pisa! Without the best weather we arrived in Pisa, Italy and enjoyed every minute anyway. The kids took some wonderful pictures and as always, shopped for souvenirs. Dana Anderson says that instead of EF for Education First it should be SF Souvenirs First. We are bringing home a lot of “stuff”.

Now we are in Cannes, France in a lovely hotel not far from the beach. As you may know this is near to where Brad and Angelina have purchased a home. Previously they stayed in this hotel in room #6, the room that Mrs. Dempsey and I are sharing and Brad Pitt slept in the same bed that I have tonight.

It’s a good story, don’t you think? 😉 We will see the home that they bought tomorrow, along with Monaco and the formula one race tracks. Tomorrow is Nice, the nicest place I’ve ever been and most likely our best day yet.

The day after tomorrow is our trip home. As wonderful as our trip has been, I am really missing my husband and my daughter and am anxious to head home. You can bet I’m not the only one feeling this way! Bon Nuit du Franc.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  1. Glad to see everyone is having a good time. Please tell Sam to call moms cell phone she still has money left on it. We are sad the trip is just about done but we will be very happy to see everyone back in Gowanda and safe. Enjoy and take it all in.

2. Kim, Thank you so much for taking the time to write each step of the way!! It was a wonderful way for all of us here to “feel” the experience and to see our group in action. All good things must end (yeah, not too original!) and as much as we are happy Anna has had this experience, we will be thrilled to hug her tightly when you arrive in the GCS parking lot!! I have to admit I will have a tough time with the whole “empty nest” thing!! So from Gowanda….and since I know no French….. que Dios les bendigan siempre y que tienen un buen viaje. Thank you again!!! Michele

3. Dear Kim,

Really appreciated the blogs – it kept us involved in our children’s trip, not feeling like we’re all a half a world away! Everyday I looked forward to seeing what you did, what you ate, where you went, the photos … I am sure I speak for everyone – thank you! Please tell Marya thanks for the “Pascha” flowers (Orthodox Easter today!) that I received yesterday. I am sorry it is your last day of vacation but like everyone else happy to see you all come home again safely. Enjoy this last day to the fullest!!!!!!!! (Michele – how did you insert the little smiley faces??) 🙂 And yes, like Jodie said, write in those journals if you haven’t already!

4. Hello Everyone,
    It’s your last day, so this will be my last blog. Thanks to Mrs. Moritz, I learned to blog…something I thought I would never do!
    I LOVED the leaning picture of all of you! Who’s idea was that? Have a wonderful day in Nice and have a safe and fun trip back. Dad and I will be waiting with arms open for you Tita! We miss you soooooo much!!!
    Remember…write in those journals on the flight home.
    Jodie

5. Hello everyone! It looks like everyone is having a wonderful time. Absolutely love the pictures! We can’t thank you enough Kim! We enjoyed the “leaning group” picture. Looks like there was some sidewalk break dancing going on. I’m sure the guys, and maybe some of the girls, will enjoy the race track at Monaco tomorrow. Time for more souvenir shopping! Have fun and be safe!

Kim, please tell Katie that Dad and I love and miss her and we were thrilled to talk to her on Friday. (I also added money to her card.)

Love to all!

6. Hi Kim,
    I think the “story” sounds great! Everyone looks like they are having such a good time. It is hard to believe that the trip is almost over. I too miss my husband and can’t wait to see him. Continue to enjoy and stay safe.

Linda