Talk About Transparency, Watch Me Learn This (Or Not)

Since this whole week is about my own learning and I have another hour and a half until dinner and the pedicure places are all closed, let’s try this “picture in a post” challenge.

No luck. The pictures I tried to upload, following Carolyn’s excellent tutorial, lead me to a message from WordPress, “File type does not meet security guidelines. Try another.” These were images I took with my digital camera, had transferred to a disk at Walmart and then saved on my computer. What am I missing? This is why I’ve given it up every time, it takes too much time! This should be easier.

Okay then, it’s a bit later in the evening and I’m giving it another go with the help of James Farmer’s tutorial link that he left on a previous post, It Might Seem Simple to You. Amazingly, but not to James as he knew it all along, this is a brilliant tutorial in which I also learned (after a year of working on edublogs) how to properly paste a word document into my post and how to time stamp a post to a later date. Had I only taken the time, James had it all right there. Thank you!

So here’s my second attempt at posting a picture, I’ll try a different file. TA DA! Here is out super fly teacher band, the Ratler and the Shakers after their performance at the G-Town Show Down.

g-town-ratler-and-shakers.jpg

Still hoping to find out how to get around that security message from earlier with my own pictures and still not sure how to make that image larger, but hey, I’ll take this small success!

1. Heh, squarespace, come on over edublogs way Lisa 🙂

What was the name of the file Kim, did it end in .jpg?

We have a max upload limit of 10MB here so that should be enough for one photo, unless it’s really huge.

2. Let me know when you have it figured out. I have not been able to get past pirating my pictures off of other posts! I am sure, no, I know my platform supports it, I just can’t get past the user error part!