Gypsy Mama

Yes, that´s what I´m known as now, the Gypsy Mama. Mrs. Dempsey is the Gypsy Queen. Otis, John, Tallon, and Jimmy have developed a strange fascination with the gypsies. When they come home speaking like Borat, please fix them.

John says it´s ¨crazy, crazy¨ here. They are helping me with this post, so it should be interesting. Pope is happy about the Sabres and hoping tonight is their second win.

For the first time ever, John is wearing a belt due to an unfortunate experience on the subway in which he felt violated and now keeps his back to the wall at all times. Must say the rest of us find it hilarious.

We are in Madrid, having taken the night train which was ¨crazy, crazy¨ since I roomed with Courtney, John ¨the King Gypsy¨and Tallon ¨the Gypsy Hobo¨. I´m sure none of this makes sense, but the kids certainly find it funny. Spain is much more relaxed than France, we are appreciating the end to our trip.

Tomorrow is the last day and we´re going to a huge flea market in the morning then a side trip to Toledo in the afternoon. No worries about the credit cards for all of us, none of the visas worked in Paris on the last day but everyone but my husband will be happy to hear that they´re working here in Madrid. Must have been something with the system.

Our hotel is gorgeous, the kids are figuring out bidets for the first time. We can´t believe it´s the end of the trip for which we waited so long. Some are homesick and anxious to return, but overall, it´s been an amazing trip. I´ve traveled four times previously with groups, but none better than this one. The students are extremely respectful and easy to get along with and the chaperones terrific. Court and John even recovered his camera at the Eiffel Tower when they left it on the bench, truly a miracle. Otherwise, there have been absolutely no mishaps. The weather is perfect.

The best part of the trip for me has been the opportunity to spend time with students and to really listen to them. So often now, unlike when I was teaching, I have limited time to talk with any one student and to get to know them. I´ve had the chance to do that again on this trip and really enjoyed every second of it.

We head home at 4:00 in the morning Tuesday, I´ll try to write again tomorrow but if not, this blog, and the rest of us, return to business as usual in G-Town. An adventure such as ours is nice, but coming home to the family and friends who we love is even better. Love to all from España. Adios Gypsies.

1. Cant’ wait to see you all. Please remind “the Gypsy King” that he still has minutes on his phone card!!! Haven’t heard from him since Tuesday. I’m glad to hear that he helped save the day by getting the camera and is wearing a belt. We’ll be waiting at the airport with open arms to catch you as you stumble off the plane. Continue to travel safe, sleep quick and welcome home.
    God Bless,
    Jude

2. Hey Gypsy Mama,
    Love it!!!! All of us are really missing you guys too. We hope you enjoy the rest of you trip, however, can’t wait to Monday! Have fun at the flea market, great deals!!! By the way, passing on Dior was well worth waiting for the LV purchase!!!!!

Take Care and good night gypsies!!!
    Linda

3. Mrs. Mortiz is one godly gyspy mama!!! Hi Mom and Kim!! And Everyone else! The trip is awesome. Good Bye gyspies!