G-Town Travels

I am about to be completely unplugged, disconnected, not even a phone to my name. Early Saturday morning, we leave for a G-Town trip to London, Paris, and Madrid. Eighteen students and four adults, three countries in 10 days, non-stop action, little sleep, and see as much as we can possibly fit in.

When I was a teacher, I was the group leader for two tours. I’m still extremely fond of the students who traveled with me and I proudly display the group photos in my office, one in Florence and one in Versailles. My daughter and my mom were on those tours with me and it was unforgettable. Well, at least for me, the two of them tend to blur some of the details. (Sorry Mom, it’s true, Madrid can’t be your favorite city, we never toured there.) 🙂

This time around I’m going as a chaperone who’s also the principal and I’m hoping it doesn’t make a difference, that the kids aren’t worried I’ll be a drag. Honestly, everyone’s so completely exhausted by the end of each day, there’s little worry that someone’s going to do anything wrong.

My son’s going this time, so I get to see part of the world through his eyes. Very cool. I’ll sign on and blog about the trip if at all possible–I’ll be looking for an internet cafe or for our tour guide to have access she’ll share. But I won’t miss seeing anything wonderful to sit on a computer, I promise. 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  1. Kimberly, Have a great trip. I just sent two groups off, one to NYC and the other on trip to France to tour the war memorials. I’ve been on 3 trips to Europe, each one a blast. Take pictures, drink whatever the locals drink and enjoy the time with your son!
    Kelly

2. Some of my best memories of teaching were the trips I took with the students. What is exciting now is when some of those students that I chaperoned are now becoming teachers. What an honor!

Have a safe trip and take a lot of pictures!

PS. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. It is cool how you are being mentioned in all of the publications. What was really special to me was to see that you added me to your feed.

Take care.