If you’ve driven down Newman Street you can’t help but notice the incredible progress on the transformation of our old district office building into the planned P-TECH Academy. This is Springville’s collaborative project with Erie 2 BOCES and Alfred State, scheduled to open in September 2020. We have students from area districts, along with our own Springville students, attending now in our high school. To read more about P-TECH go here and here, also here.
If you’re someone who’s curious about construction, following are the highlights of the capital project for the CAM P-TECH Academy.
- The existing building is 12,000 SqFt.
- The addition is 20,000 SqFt.
- There are 10 classrooms:
- Two Computer Information Classrooms
- Two Electrical Classrooms
- One Science Classroom
- One Languages Other Than English
- One English
- One Math
- One Social Studies
- One Health
- One Gymnasium/One Cafeteria, there is an operable partition between the two that can be opened and closed depending on usage needs.
- Small kitchen with a Serving Area.
- Locker rooms.
- The Electrical Classrooms have taller ceilings to allow for student electrical conduit to be raised up in the air without hitting the ceiling.
- The Entire Building is Air Conditioned for year-round use.
- There is a Vegetative roof on the addition (except the Gymnasium roof)
- The Vegetative roof has an irrigation system
- The Vegetative roof has a leak detection system
- The Gymnasium roof is reinforced as a future provision for Roof Mounted Solar Panels
- Most of the building will have an exposed ceiling painted white. Areas that will have a ceiling are: Bathrooms, Offices, Locker rooms, Main Office/Reception Area.
- The corridor floors will be a polished concrete floor.
- All lighting on/ inside the building will be L.E.D.
- The main entrance will have a tall ceiling that is sloped. The lights hanging from the ceiling will mimic the circular floor pattern.
- The exterior of the building will be constructed out of a Metal Wall Panel System of which there are two contrasting types.
- The roof on the spine is a Standing Seam roof.
Just wanted to forward you a email address of a recent college graduate from the Springville area who is very interested in the p-tech green roof.
She maybe of great help in the future maintaining of the rooftop. She is Desiree Bojanowski.
Right now she is an active member of the Arts Cafe project and is working for Zittle’s nursery store.
Maybe a sit down chat is in order?