My Name in Lights (Well, Almost)

I’ve been writing here since 2006, largely for our school community and I’ve also contributed occasionally to LeaderTalk, a blog written by educators on the Education Week website. A couple of month ago, Jay Goldman, Editor, The School Administrator, contacted me about writing a guest column for the magazine. The American Association of School Administrators is an international organization for educational leaders.

It was exciting for me to receive an advance copy of the June 2010 issue of the School Administrator which included my guest column. Distribution of the magazine is to roughly 20,000 individuals in school system administration and is also available on the magazine’s website.

I got a kick out of seeing my name and article in print and my mom will be proud of me, which is always a good thing.  So thanks Jay, for asking me to share my thinking. And for those administrators or teachers who are still “thinking” about blogging—there’s no way Jay would have known I existed if I wasn’t out here writing on the blog every month. Blogging truly is a way to get your word out and to collaborate with others. It’s one of the most worthwhile professional practices I’ve encountered which enhances my own learning and helps me to better communicate.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  1. Wow! Your famous!!! I knew you would be one day. That is a great honor and great recognition for our school!! We are lucky to have you but of course we didn’t need a magazine to tell us that!!! Congratulations!!!!