Gotta Love the Tech Guys

I am always amazed at how much easier it is for me to learn something by spending a few minutes with the IT support specialists. Spent about an hour to an hour and a half with Brian Smith and his colleague Tadge and managed to create my Twitter account, invite four friends and send my first “twits”–(is that the right vernacular?)

Also–here’s the super sweet part–I purchased my own domain names kimberlymoritz.com and kimberlymoritz.org that now link right to this blog! I spent about an hour by myself last night trying to understand the concept and wondering how to do it, while worrying that I’d get it wrong. Not with Brian and Tadge, they’ve got me all set now.

I’m feeling very tech savvy right now, thanks to the real tech experts. Thanks guys!

1. Glad it’s all set for you. I think I speak for Tadge and myself when I say, it was our pleasure. Looking forward to your posts. Rechecked my feeds and your blog is still in my list. 🙂

Let me know if have anymore questions!

2. Brian is a great guy! I first met Brian and his wife, Wendy, at Chris Lehmann’s Educon in Philly last year. Wendy is an expert on authentic learning, and I brought her to my school in Deerfield, Illinois to work with my staff on authentic learning last spring. Now she and my tech coordinator are part of a NYSCATE grant. They are working together to study the quality of the water in the Great Lakes with students. Both Brian and Wendy are terrific resources, and you are lucky to have them nearby in NY state!

Say hi for me when you see Brian next time!

– Dave