Physical Education Teachers Get Wiki

Our physical education teachers worked with a staff development specialist from BOCES, Theresa Grey, on wikis, blogs, and YouTube today. They were excited about learning, engaged, and working together to figure out ways to use the technology. They developed a wiki together and overcame any technology snafus that came their way. I can imagine them using this for their own learning, to improve lesson planning, and with our students.

I’m most proud of their department leader, Amy Cassidy, for being the kind of leader who pushed me to teach them something new. It’s already a cracker jack department with fantastic participation rates and wonderful instruction. Encore subjects too often get left out in staff development and I’m delighted that Theresa offered them meaningful instruction that was all about their own learning, in their content. I’m hoping Theresa links in a comment to this post so that we can see what our physical education teachers created today (hint, hint). Thanks for being great learners.

1. I wanted to thank you for the nice compliment, as well as the worth while staff training. If you go to my new blog site http://www.acassidy.edublogs.org, you will see that my students are quickly catching on to the assignments and are excited about the relevance to the current sport being covered in class. It has been easy to supplement and foster class ideas with current articles from “experts”.

2. Kim!
    I can say that I was honored to work with such truly committed professionals!! They taught me about some of the Web 2.0 tools I showed them and were very patient with technical glitches!! While it was a lot to absorb in one day – I’ll think you’ll be impressed with what these folks learned! I’ve posted my reflections on the day with links over at my Grand-Rounds blog.