One of Our Own Coming Home

A Guest Post from Tonia McAllister:

Hi. As some of you may know, my cousin Casey Craumer, who graduated from RCS in 2003, was injured in Afganistan a few weeks ago. He is thankfully doing well and will be coming home for a few days later this month.
We are planning a Welcome Home Parade (very short, like we do for the sports teams) on Saturday June 26th at 1pm. The fire trucks will meet at the fire hall and leave from there and do a loop up the school drive and back around the village.
We are hoping that we can get the word out, I know that the high schoolers are gone, but would like to maybe announce it a time or two if possible. We are hoping people will make up signs, and we are getting flags to wave and hopefully a banner or two.
I have attached a flyer, if you can open it and print it and hang it wherever that would be great.
Also knowing that school is out but hoping against hope that we may be able to get a few band members together to be playing downtown as they come thru would be awesome.
Also, can we get it added on the sign asap to get the word out, and then on that Saturday could the sign say something like “Welcome Home Casey”
I believe there will be news stations here as well.
If you have any questions please let me know, and just let me know if we can get any musicians down there please.
Thanks for your help. It’s pretty awesome to have a hometown hero to celebrate instead of mourn!!
Tonia McAllister
As some of you may know, my cousin Casey Craumer, who graduated from RCS in 2003, was injured in Afganistan a few weeks ago. He is thankfully doing well and will be coming home for a few days later this month.
We are hoping that we can get the word out so everyone comes out to welcome Casey home!  We are also hoping people will make up signs, and we are getting flags to wave and a banner or two. I believe there will be news stations here as well!
Thanks for your help. It’s pretty awesome to have a hometown hero to celebrate!!
Tonia McAllister
One Comment
  1. Great Idea Tonia. Too bad he had to be injured to get to come home. This will be a great way to honor him. Thanks for organizing it for our village!!!