I Need a New Name for My Blog

As many within G-Town may already know, it is with mixed regret and excitement that I announce my resignation from the position of assistant superintendent of Gowanda Central School. I have accepted the position of Superintendent of Schools for the Randolph Central School District. My last effective date at GCS will be December 21, 2008.

In the last four to five years, we have accomplished much here and I have taken pride in being a part of the Gowanda Central School system. It has been an honor to work alongside our BOE, Superintendent Rinaldi, my friends in administration Joelle, Janice, Veronica, David & Bob, our awesome faculty and staff. Our teachers are some of the most receptive and hard-working professionals I have ever known and our support staff has worked hard to make me look good (thanks Carol, Sue, Janene, Lori, and Jody!). 

The experience I have gained at GCS is invaluable and I leave here a much better administrator than I arrived. Mr. Rinaldi and our BOE members, past and present, have taken a principal and helped me to become a superintendent.

As many who have read this blog also know, I have truly missed the day to day problem solving and decision making aspects of building level administration. While my work has been important and rewarding, it’s not been the same for me at this level. I’m looking forward to getting back into the thick of the action and now is a good time for me to transition,especially given New York State’s current economic crisis. I’m confident that our current administrators, teacher leaders and faculty are fully capable of continuing on our current path of school improvement.

I will truly miss our faculty, staff and administrative team. Most of all, I will miss our GCS students and families. I simply love our students and treasure the opportunities that I have had to come to know many of them well. For the experience I have gained and the friendships formed, I am forever changed.

Thank you to the Gowanda community for the opportunity to be a part of the Gowanda family. Gowanda Central School is a district in terrific shape fiscally. Academically we are growing by leaps and bounds.  I know that our K-6 Reading Program, Curriculum Design and Thoughtful Classroom work leave our instructional program significantly improved. I expect to see great things from GCS in the future, continued success for our students and increases in our academic achievement.

Thank you also to the G-Town Talks readers who have surely learned much more about Gowanda and life in a small high school than you may have otherwise bargained for in the traditional media. It’s been a pleasure.

I’m really hoping that my writing starts to flow again, now that I can get back to the action of school management. We’ll see, but either way, what do I do about the blog name? I can’t write G-Town Talks from Randolph. Any ideas out there? Randolph Writes?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  1. Thanks Sue–you’re right, we were a good team, partially because we’re both always thinking, “well it’s okay like this, but look how it could be better!” You were indispensable and one of a kind. Thanks for the good wishes, you are definitely ON for that shopping. 😉

2. Hi Kim- Just writing to wish you all of the best in your new career. The 3 years that we worked side by side, were awesome. We were a great team. You were a big part of my life and a big part of Gowanda High. Good luck at Randolph. You’ll be great! (p.s. call me anytime you need a shopping buddy!)

3. Amanda–Great to meet you too, blogged a bit about meeting you today. Thanks for the suggestion, I like it! Have brought a couple of creative thinkers from Randolph into the mix to help me think of a good name, I’ll have to give them your suggestion to mull over. I like the play on RANDom. Keep thinking the name should have something to do with questioning since it’s such a strong part of my style. RANDom Analysis? Except I’m not very random. I’m fairly deliberate. Hmmmm. Thanks, now I’ll never get to sleep trying to come up with this name. 😉
    Kim

4. Hi Kim, it was nice to meet you briefly today at the lunch table – I’m sorry I couldn’t stay. I’ve been thinking of a name for your blog and all I’m coming up with is RANDom Access, or something with RANDom in it. Best wishes to you in your new position and I look forward to hearing about your journey.