Thank You

So the incredible readers who responded to my last post remind me why I blog as a professional practice. Each person who commented gave encouragement either in pointing to resources, saying “I get that!”, or the best by Jonathan, by taking the pressure off.

G-Town Readers said eloquently what I needed most, thank you. And I probably needed a little of what my mother said too which was, “quit your crying about it and get to work.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
One Comment
  1. Your mother beat me to it! Sometimes we need just need a swift, realistic kick. I hope that the other admin-bloggers in your District have wise mothers, too.

You’ve written about their blogging woes – the “I can’t find my voice” excuse is a fruitless cop-out [I used it too re: my first blog and will be the first to admit it]. An admin is in a privileged blogging position; he can start blogging to communicate simple things to the District – and we both know there’s no shortage of things school leaders can communicate about. As one continues blogging in a straightforward PR-style, one naturally develops a voice that, like it or not, works its way into the blog writing.

3 months later? *poof* You’ve got a communicative tool that’s unique to you, your style and your job.

I’m pleased to see that you’ve started posting again. As I’ve written in the past, wonderful blog – it’s an excellent example of how administrators can communicate with their school, District or community. It’s an example that I hope many others, particularly in Upstate New York, will follow.