Paris in the Morning

We leave for Paris via the Eurotrain at 7:15 tomorrow morning. What a day we had today! We tried hard to please everyone in the group for at least part of the day and I’ve no idea if we succeeded.

We began the morning with a tour of Westminster Abbey for most of us. This was my second tour of the Abbey and I found it just as overwhelming as my last visit, 12 years ago. It is absolutely amazing to walk through this 1000 year old building where kings and queens are buried, where knights have walked, where rest such incredible historic figures as Winston Churchill, Chaucer, Sir Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and many more. It literally brings tears to my eyes, there’s just no explaining it.

Our visit to the changing of the guard at the Buckingham Palace was very cool and most of our group followed up with a ride on the London Eye, a magnificent enclosed ferris wheel with a stunning view of the city. Afterwards our group chose different tours, with some at the Tower of London, most shopping in Piccadilly Circus, and my personal favorite, six of us ventured to Harrod’s. While I did NOT purchase the £1045 pound Dior bag, I did pick up some perfume. It’s a funny thing here, despite the fact that they speak English, I swear I can’t hear them when they tell me the total price. Can’t recall at all what that cashmere pashmina cost. 🙂

A terrific dinner where we savored curry, yes, your kids are trying all sorts of new things. A bit more shopping for some of us and back to the hotel for the others. We are positively locals on the tube now, no guide needed.

Will write in Paris if possible. Our love and best to all. Linda, because I know you’re reading, will you please phone Derek and Bryna to tell them that my phone card numbers don’t work at all, but that we love and miss them? Also, please let them know that I’m writing on the blog so that they can keep in touch a bit. Thank you!

1. I finally figuring out how to use this computer and find it exciting to read the blog and look at pictures on eftours.Thanks to all the chaporones who are enabling courtney and her peers to see so much.Tell courtney we love her but are enjoying not running out of clean towels lol love lori and kim

2. It’s great to stay connected to all of you through your daily blogs. I look forward to reading your adventures each day. Glad everyone is having such a great time. Tell Meghan we miss her and to enjoy the rest of her trip (in case she doesn’t get to call again). Love to you all.
    Wayne and Becky

3. It is so great to hear about all the adventures you are all having. We feel we are in Eurpoe with you. Tell Justin we think of him often and are so glad he is having a wonderful time. Love this blogging thing!Ellen and Gary

4. Hi Kim,

I am loving your posts! Don’t know if this is too late, but have you thought about using SKYPE to talk to the parents? Just a suggestion.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Europe.

5. Hopefully, it’s obvious that the previous comment was from Allison. Thanks to all for the help and to Derek and Bryna for writing. I think I’ll just call collect from Paris if the code still doesn’t work there. Really great day yesterday, the group is really becoming a team. I can’t believe we’re half way through the trip. Hey, my eggs and coffee are getting cold. Love you, Kimberly and Tallon

6. Hi Mom. Thanks for the card tip, I’m so tired, I’ll try to figure it out from here. It’s only 6:30 in the morning and I have to eat breakfast. I love you Mom.

7. Your comment about our kids growing up alittle while they are gone is true. And is a reason to send ones children some place where they are allowed to experience and enjoy things some what on there own.Its to bad that it has gotten so expensive that many may never have the opportunity to see what your group is seeing and enjoying.We miss you terribly but are staying busy with rock climbing,racqetball,and working out.We are looking forword to seeing you all soon.LOVE DEREK and BRYNA

8. Hello, All! We are reading everyday, and talking about your adventures at dinner every night! Thank you for blogging! It is giving our family a chance to vicariously enjoy a trip to Europe! Enjoy Paris!

9. Hi Kim,
    Your comments are great! It’s assuring that everything is going well. We got pictures of the group through eftours today. It was great to see them.
    I have a favor. Allison said that one of her memory cards for her camera said “locked” when she put it in her camera. I wanted to tell her (in case she doesn’t get to call) to move the little thing on the side of the card up or down (the opposite of what it is now)and it should work, if it is like the one I have at home. Thanks so much for relaying that to her.
    Keep the comments coming.
    Margaret

10. Hi Kim,
    I will call Derek and Bryna for you. I appreciate your writing and keeping us updated. Come on, you passed on the Dior bag!!! Well, perfume’s better than nothing!! Have a safe trip to Paris!

Linda