LeaderTalk Kudos

When I write for this blog, G-Town Talks, I write for our students, teachers, and community. I write for my educational colleagues and fellow bloggers. To influence thinking or recognize achievement, to question and wonder, to elicit a response or to bring attention to an educational issue. I write for me too. To get things onto the blog and out of my head so I can actually sleep. And I write for the daily readers who number from 190-717 on the days I don’t write and 1025-1853 on the days when I do.

When I write for LeaderTalk, I’m very aware that I’m writing for someone else. I’m writing for the other writers on LeaderTalk, for Dr. Scott McLeod who organizes it, and for anyone else with an interest in school leadership.  I want to contribute in a way that increases readership for LeaderTalk and it feels like a higher standard.

So imagine my surprise when I hit LeaderTalk from my bloglines account and saw this post Kudos to Kimberly! where Scott says,

Kimberly Moritz’s first LeaderTalk post, Student Apathy = Teacher Apathy, was featured in The Education Wonks‘ 110th Carnival of Education, an occasional roundup of interesting posts related to education. Kudos, Kimberly!

Hmmm. Sounds great. Sounds like I hit the higher standard I was striving for on LeaderTalk. Here’s the kicker. I had to email Will Richardson to ask him why this link is a reason to receive congratulations. Honestly. I sometimes still feel clueless out here. Why? Because I’m just writing to write. When I start to get caught up in the feedburner, technorati, # of readers, clustrmaps, and techie stuff, I just remember Will’s advice to me when I asked about all of that,

Write Kim. Just write.

Okie dokie.

1. Thank you very much Scott, I had never read that blog before–The Education Wonks. It was nice and now obvious that I’m not so good at taking a compliment.

2. Kim, you make me laugh! Isn’t your LeaderTalk post about showing your staff that you care? Consider my post a simple attempt to do the same for you. Pat yourself on the back that the folks running the Carnivals of Education liked your post and keep up the good work! We’re all enjoying your writing!